We had one in NH, a Personal Weather Station, a enjoyed it. We just got one for here and activated it. What is a PWS???
It is a Personal Weather Station that is located at your home and monitors weather conditions. There are many brands/models and they can be as simple or as complex as you want. After some review, we went with the Acurite 900WES. (we got a pretty good discount on it)
So, what does it do??? The unit I have does Temp, Humidity, Dewpoint, Wind (Vel & Dir), Rainfall rate and barometric pressure. The display monitors indoor Temp & Humidity wherever it is located (currently in the Ham Shack) I have a 2nd Temp and Humidity Sensor which will be tracked locally (currently in my screen room)
I can see current data on the color display along with any alarms I may choose to set up. I also have access to all data on the MyAcurite Website including history, trends and all sensors.
The 3rd option is Weather Underground where my data is automatically transmitted by the Smarthub and is a data sharing hub. I can link it, hand it out… track data… see other nearby stations etc. It is an entire weather community!
I had a plan for the physical mounting but earlier today, decided that would not work. I am now in the process of deciding on a different rigid mounting method of the 5-1 sensor in our backyard.
(Below are all the details)
Precision Weather Instruments
Measure rainfall, wind speed, wind direction, temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure.
Illuminated Color Display
See all of your 5-in-1 sensor data, the weather forecast, plus indoor temperature and humidity—all at-a-glance on a digital display screen.
Complimentary My AcuRite App
With My AcuRite you can view sensor data, conditions, history, trends, forecasts, and more on your mobile devices or computer.
Create Alerts to Take Action
Real-time email and phone notifications of changes in your home and outdoor environments.
History, Trends, plus High & Low Records
Analyze or download data to help guide decisions for a more efficient, healthy home.
Sharable Weather Information
Let friends and family access your current conditions, plus broadcast to communities like Weather Underground.
Track up to ten sensors with one smartHUB. Add smartHUBs to track even more sensors, or monitor additional locations.
Free, US-based Technical Support
Talk to friendly, knowledgeable people for setup and operation assistance.
My AcuRite App
- View your sensors on any iPhone, Android smartphone, computer or tablet with the complimentary My AcuRite App.
- Create email and phone alerts to notify you when conditions change or your presets are reached.
- Alerts can be triggered by events like rainfall, potential flood conditions, high wind speed, high or low temperature and humidity conditions, and more.
- Easy-to-read, comprehensive trend observation with graphic charts and historical data.
- Sensor data can be monitored privately, shared with others, or be reported to online weather communities like Weather Underground.
- Provides access AcuRite sensor data using the My AcuRite app
- Reports data for up to 10 compatible AcuRite sensors simultaneously (additional sensors sold separately)
- Easy setup: Ethernet cable plugs into your internet router
PRO+ 5-in-1 Weather Sensor
- Measures temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction and rain
- Two solar panels power the internal fan to maximize ambient temperature accuracy at all hours of the day (standard 5-in-1 includes only one solar panel)
- Strong wireless range up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- Transmits data every 18 to 36 seconds
- Automatic self-emptying rain collection cup
- 2 year battery life
- Durable, all-weather construction
- Easy installation includes mounting hardware
PC Connect for Windows and Mac
- PC Connect digital display acts as a data logger; onboard memory stores up to 2 weeks of sensor data
- Save outdoor weather records to a computer in a data file (CSV, or comma-separated values, record)
- Easy to use: Display plugs into your computer’s USB port for data download
- Use PC Connect to share your weather: Stream data to the My AcuRite app or send Rapid Fire updates to Weather Underground (requires connection to an always-on computer with internet)
- Windows and Mac compatible
Color Display with PC Connect for 5-in-1 Sensor
- Illuminated color display
- 12 to 24 hour weather forecast
- Patented Self-Calibrating Forecasting pulls data from a sensor in your backyard to give you the most accurate forecast for your exact location
- Weather Ticker™ streams real-time information and alerts
- Programmable weather alarms: temperature, humidity, wind, rain, dew point, heat index and storm alerts
- Measures rain precipitation and rainfall history (inches or millimeters)
- Wind speed: current, peak, and average (MPH or KPH)
- Wind direction with 16 point wind rose
- Indoor and outdoor temperature (degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius) with trend arrow
- Indoor and outdoor humidity (%RH) with trend arrow
- Heat index, wind chill, dew point and “feels like” calculations
- Daily, weekly, monthly and annual high and low records
- Barometric pressure with trend arrow
- Time and date (month/day)
- Bilingual English or French display
- Tabletop or wall-mountable design
- Indicator for wireless sensor signal strength
Weather Environment System includes: smartHUB, Color Display with PC Connect for 5-in-1 Sensor Data, PRO+ 5-in-1 Weather Sensor, mounting bracket, tabletop stand, mounting hardware, Ethernet cable, smartHUB power adapter, quick start guide, instruction manual